Don't be depressed at Christmas
Christmas is coming and the festive atmosphere is palpable everywhere and most people spend this time with their beloved and their family with most pleasure. You are getting ready a whole month, you choose the gifts, wrap them, and decorate your home because when your friends and family is coming over you would like to see all of them happy, including yourself too. But what if we actually spend the holidays alone? Be it for any reason, because we live abroad or our beloved live away from us or just because we're lonely types? You do not need to cry under the tree, to be wrapped yourself in self-pity and spend the festive break in bad mood, just because there is no 30 people around you. Let's slow down a bit on the bright side, chilling and we can spend some time with ourselves and even we can make this on funny, entertaining way too. Well, let’s get a funny-bunny list about
- Recreate outer space. Decorate your room with Christmas lights, and turn out all the lights.
- Take a road trip to a place you've never been before.
- Have a conversation with yourself all day.
- Spend the day spying and eavesdropping on people.
- Try to set a world record, and email Guinness World Records when you achieve it.
- Sing karaoke to your favourite songs and dance around until you collapse from exhaustion.
- Become an indoor nudist for the whole day.
- Sit outside and eat your favourite food slowly, savouring every bite in complete mindfulness.
- Go to your local park and soak in the sights, smells and sounds of Christmas day. Feel the happy vibes.
- Cook yourself something you think the Queen would eat,and enjoy it all to yourself.
- If you have a pet, give it a special present. Treat your companion like royalty.
- Open a map of your town, close your eyes, and point to a place on the map.Drive or walk there, and see what you find.
- Make your day more humorous. Watch comedy, laugh at people and yourself, and look for reasons why the things you take seriously are comedic.
- Santa, Rudolph and the elves aren't real. But are spirits and ghosts? Spend Christmas trying to contact the spirit world by building your own Ouija board.
- Nurture yourself for the whole day. Give yourself hugs, write yourself a poem, and compose a list of everything you love about yourself.